We are often asked that when we already have audiobook platforms like Sugam Pustakalay, N.A.B. India, Book Share, and software like Text-to-Speech available in our phones, then why is there a need to run an initiative like Let's record? The first thing is, we cannot compare any two NGOs. All of them are working towards… Continue reading Why we need Let’s Record?
How will I know if people are listening to my recordings or if it's useful for them? Also, will I be able to view the feedback of my recording? Yes, you will definitely be able to know the feedback on the recordings you've done. Yet, it depends on certain factors: VI (visually impaired) students, in… Continue reading feedback of recordings?
Hello Fam!So here, we are going to talk about "Let's Record" and also about our college based NGO “Saathi Enabling Center”, Fergusson College Pune.Let's Record, is an effort made by the students to be able to provide wide range of audiobooks for our Blind students. This initiative was initially scheduled for the month of July… Continue reading About Let’s Record and Our NGO Saathi
1) Is there a specific type of books to be recorded? Ans- No. Any type of book is welcome. These are some suggestions - It may be story-book for school students. It may be Science Fiction, Drama, Action and Adventure, Romance, Mystery, Gothic, Self-help, guides, travel, Children’s Fiction, Science, History, Math, anthologies, poetry, comics, art,… Continue reading Is there a specific type of books to be recorded?
1) Does it matter how my voice is or if I am a bad reader?Ans- Different people have different voice and that is totally fine. Your voice is our voice. As far as you are able to read good enough for anyone to understand, it doesn't matter how your voice is.2) What format should I… Continue reading About voice and other Recording issues ?
1) How can I help you? Ans- Your participation encourages us more than anything. You can make more and more people know about this initiative. You can share the links to as many as possible. Share it with your friends and it will help us. Even if one additional person joins us every time you… Continue reading How can I help?
1) Why is there a need to record books separately if various apps provide the service of reading out any typed text?A- Not just apps but even Google talk-back does the same thing. But using talk back is a complicated and time consuming process. Recorded books become easier to access and to listen to than… Continue reading Why is there a need to Record books separately if various apps provide the service ?
1) How do visually impaired people access the links/books? A- Most of them have talk back facility on their phones through which they are able to navigate through websites just like anyone. Once they get to know how it is used, they use phones as efficiently as anyone. Moreover, people associated with them also help… Continue reading How do visually impaired people access the links/books?
1) Is it necessary to fill the registration form every time while recording a new book? A- Yes. It is important to fill the registration form in order to get our records correct and precise. It also helps to keep the count/number of books recorded much easily. It is necessary as we maintain an Excel… Continue reading Why and how to fill Registration form ?
Mass production of accessible books can eradicate the book famine faced by persons with blindness or other print disabilities. Books are considered a person’s best companion. It is said that “When you open a book, you open a new world”. Books provide us with an endless pool of knowledge and information and allow a person… Continue reading Why we need Initiatives like Let’s Record !?
Our aim is to provide those books or study material to visually challenged students, which are not easily available on other platforms. If you wish to record something for a good cause, You can join our WhatsApp Group. We will put our requirements for recordings on group based on requests made by blind students. If… Continue reading Which book should I choose for recording?
यदि आप अंग्रेजी के साथ सहज नहीं हैं और इस पृष्ठ का हिंदी में अनुवाद करना चाहते हैं (या अपनी सुविधा के अनुसार किसी अन्य भाषा में), तो कृपया नीचे स्क्रॉल करें और इस पृष्ठ के अंत में Google Translator (अनुवादक) का उपयोग करें। उसके बाद यह पृष्ठ आपके द्वारा चुनी गई भाषा में पुनः… Continue reading FAQ Of Let’s Record ? ! 🤔