FIRST INTERACTION WITH NEW STUDENTS Saathi’s first group interaction with new First year blind students was held online.on 25th September 2020. It was a welcoming session for them, held in the presence of the coordinators, senior blind students and a few volunteers. Being new to Fergusson College and Saathi, the students were curious about their… Continue reading 1. First Interaction with New Saathi Students.
We are often asked that when we already have audiobook platforms like Sugam Pustakalay, N.A.B. India, Book Share, and software like Text-to-Speech available in our phones, then why is there a need to run an initiative like Let's record? The first thing is, we cannot compare any two NGOs. All of them are working towards… Continue reading Why we need Let’s Record?
1) Is there a specific type of books to be recorded? Ans- No. Any type of book is welcome. These are some suggestions - It may be story-book for school students. It may be Science Fiction, Drama, Action and Adventure, Romance, Mystery, Gothic, Self-help, guides, travel, Children’s Fiction, Science, History, Math, anthologies, poetry, comics, art,… Continue reading Is there a specific type of books to be recorded?
1) Does it matter how my voice is or if I am a bad reader?Ans- Different people have different voice and that is totally fine. Your voice is our voice. As far as you are able to read good enough for anyone to understand, it doesn't matter how your voice is.2) What format should I… Continue reading About voice and other Recording issues ?
1) How can I help you? Ans- Your participation encourages us more than anything. You can make more and more people know about this initiative. You can share the links to as many as possible. Share it with your friends and it will help us. Even if one additional person joins us every time you… Continue reading How can I help?
1) Why is there a need to record books separately if various apps provide the service of reading out any typed text?A- Not just apps but even Google talk-back does the same thing. But using talk back is a complicated and time consuming process. Recorded books become easier to access and to listen to than… Continue reading Why is there a need to Record books separately if various apps provide the service ?
1) How do visually impaired people access the links/books? A- Most of them have talk back facility on their phones through which they are able to navigate through websites just like anyone. Once they get to know how it is used, they use phones as efficiently as anyone. Moreover, people associated with them also help… Continue reading How do visually impaired people access the links/books?
1) Is it necessary to fill the registration form every time while recording a new book? A- Yes. It is important to fill the registration form in order to get our records correct and precise. It also helps to keep the count/number of books recorded much easily. It is necessary as we maintain an Excel… Continue reading Why and how to fill Registration form ?
Click here to read our Survey Report on Way of Reading - 'Loss or Win-Win for All?' 1) Is any copyright of the writer/publisher being violated by recording books with you? A- No! As mentioned, we are a non-profit initiative. No business is being carried out for financial/monetary profits. Our only intention to run such… Continue reading About Copyright issue ?
Mass production of accessible books can eradicate the book famine faced by persons with blindness or other print disabilities. Books are considered a person’s best companion. It is said that “When you open a book, you open a new world”. Books provide us with an endless pool of knowledge and information and allow a person… Continue reading Why we need Initiatives like Let’s Record !?
यदि आप अंग्रेजी के साथ सहज नहीं हैं और इस पृष्ठ का हिंदी में अनुवाद करना चाहते हैं (या अपनी सुविधा के अनुसार किसी अन्य भाषा में), तो कृपया नीचे स्क्रॉल करें और इस पृष्ठ के अंत में Google Translator (अनुवादक) का उपयोग करें। उसके बाद यह पृष्ठ आपके द्वारा चुनी गई भाषा में पुनः… Continue reading Uploading Procedure and Things to do while Uploading and Sending Recording details ?